Here are the rules:
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 through December 31st, 2013.
2. “Romance” isn’t limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.
3. Choose at least 5 novels to read. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine. All kinds of books count, ebooks and audiobooks too. If you are looking for suggested reading see Best Romance Novels Today or Romance Novels on Wiki or check out Amazon and Barnes and Noble. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with Jane Austen, Nicholas Sparks and Nora Roberts, to name a few.
4. Read your book selections at your own pace in 2013 then post the link to your review(s). You don’t need to have a blog, posting your reviews on Goodreads and LibraryThing counts as well. If you do have a blog and are joining us, please consider linking back to this post either with text or with one of the buttons provided below to help spread the word.
| Done Reading 20 Romances |
- Guarding A Notorious Lady (Devine and Friends, #3) by Olivia Parker
- At The Bride Hunt Ball (Devine and Friends, #1) by Olivia Parker
- The Mistress by Maya Banks
- Awakened (House of Night #8) by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast
- Destined (House of Night, #9) by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast
- The Selection (Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass
- Hidden (House of Night, #10) by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast
- Passions of a Wicked Earl (London’s Greatest Lovers, #1) by Lorraine Heath
- Waking Up With the Duke (London’s Greatest Lovers #3) by Lorraine Heath
- Fires of Winter (Viking #1) by Johanna Lindsey
- An Indecent Proposition by Emma Wildes
- A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean
- Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1) by Johanna Lindsey
- Twisted (Intertwined #3) by Gena Showalter
- Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
- Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
- Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1) by Aimee Agresti
- Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls, #3) by Sophie Jordan